Power Distribution is a system, consisting of a Main Distribution Board (MDB), Submain Distribution Boards (SMDBs) and Final Distribution Boards, by which the electrical energy is transmitted via branches to reach the exact end user.
An MDB is a panel or enclosure that houses the fuses, circuit breakers and ground leakage protection units where the electrical energy, which is used to distribute electrical power to numerous individual circuits or consumer points, is taken in from the transformer or an upstream panel. An MDB typically has a single or multiple incoming power sources and includes main circuit breakers and residual current or earth leakage protection devices. A MDB is comprised of a free standing enclosure, a bus bar system, MCCB's, metering and support equipments and required current transformers. Panels are assembled in a systematic manner such as incomer section and outgoing section.
Key features of Main Distribution Boards offered by UNIX:
- Fully type tested assemblies as per IEC 60439-1
- Rated upto 6000A
- Rated operating voltage upto 690V
- Manufactured to Form 2, Form 3 & Form 4 construction
- Type tested for 70kA/1 sec, 50kA/3 sec
- Designed for both withdrawable & fixed versions
- Ample cabling space for easy connections
- Top and bottom cable entry.
- Panels for front or rear access to suit application
- Index of protection : IP 31 & IP 54
- Floor mounting
- Maximum safety & reliability
- Modular system with Customized design to meet end user requirements.